Friday, September 29, 2006

Aloha!


I flew in yesterday to Hawaii, around 2:30 in the afternoon (8:30 in the evening for those of you at home). The picture above is the island of Oahu, where you'll find Honolulu. The picture below is the island of Kauai, where I will be staying for the week. It is the island just west of Oahu. They call it "The Garden Isle" because it is the most tropical and the least commercialized.



After 12 hours of flying and a 6 hour time difference from home, I am still adjusting from jet lag. My day consisted of laying by the pool and scuba lessons with dad in the afternoon. I'm a little indifferent about that...haven't decided if I'll be putting them to use this week.

Tomorrow we'll be moving to the north shore of the island where we'll be staying at a condo in Princeville on Hanalei Bay (you know, Puff the Magic Dragon....). It has an awesome view and very cool rooms.

More tomorrow...

No comments: