Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hawaii...Day 3

We started out the morning with breakfast at the hotel in the "Happy Talk Lounge." It's pretty much a sales presentation. Dad won a 2 for 1 ATV tour which I was not at all excited about, but luckily someone wanted to trade and we ended up with a 2 for 1 helicopter ride. I discovered two things...roosters have no fear of people, and my dad should not be allowed to dress himself (see below). Birkenstocks with socks still are not, and never were as far as I'm concerned, a fashion trend.

After the presentation, we went to church at Lihue Baptist Church about 30 minutes away. Mom and Dad's friends know the pastor and his wife from Marietta, GA, where they are from. It's a very small church - they usually have about 50 or so in attendance. It's located in what I guess is considered the capital of Kauai, just near the airport and right across the street from Wal-Mart :)


No comments: